Our baby girl turned 2 last week! Here's a rundown of her special day:
Lexi woke up to ELMO PANCAKES! (she loves Sesame Street characters these days, even though we don't really watch the show) I didn't use enough dye to make the pancake red, so instead it was pink. Lexi loved "pink elmo", yet still wouldn't eat it. We had cold cereal instead.
This lucky girl got a BIKE for her birthday! She loved it. And yes, those are her birthday cards in the basket. She carried them around for days....I think we read them about a thousand times. She thought they were the best 'books' ever. She even read them to herself. It went something like this "Happy birthday Happy Birthday to me. Happy cakes Happy princess...."
We had a birthday play date at the bunny fountains...It is a splash area at the bottom of this hill that has statues of bunnies on top. I wish I would have gotten a picture of her with all her friends that came but I didn't...Her friends that came were Nolan, Taryn, Tayli, Mathis, Whitney, Jadyn, Tate, Boston, Samantha, Lana, and Brady.
This lucky girl got a BIKE for her birthday! She loved it. And yes, those are her birthday cards in the basket. She carried them around for days....I think we read them about a thousand times. She thought they were the best 'books' ever. She even read them to herself. It went something like this "Happy birthday Happy Birthday to me. Happy cakes Happy princess...."
We had a birthday play date at the bunny fountains...It is a splash area at the bottom of this hill that has statues of bunnies on top. I wish I would have gotten a picture of her with all her friends that came but I didn't...Her friends that came were Nolan, Taryn, Tayli, Mathis, Whitney, Jadyn, Tate, Boston, Samantha, Lana, and Brady.Lexi LOVED every minute of it! She was fascinated with these rabbits...
Some of our friends- Candice, Tayli, Mathis, Amanda, Tate, Boston, and Samantha....
Lexi and Tayli... (Tayli requested a picture of "just us girls...") they are too cute together!
Lexi and Whitney splashin' around...
Can you tell she is LOVING it!(and I love those little ruffles on her bum!)
Lexi opening presents with Karen, Taryn, and Nolan...
Cute little Jadyn enjoying the birthday treat...We had dirt cups for dessert since Lexi has been so obsessed with bugs/worms lately. (Chocolate pudding, gummy worms, and crushed up oreos)
Amanda, Janie, and Maddie came over to play with Lexi's new toys. I wish I would've gotten a picture of the girls. They live across the street and Lexi loves them. (They weren't able to make it to the park with us.)
Some of our friends- Candice, Tayli, Mathis, Amanda, Tate, Boston, and Samantha....
Lexi and Tayli... (Tayli requested a picture of "just us girls...") they are too cute together!
Lexi and Whitney splashin' around...
Can you tell she is LOVING it!(and I love those little ruffles on her bum!)
Lexi opening presents with Karen, Taryn, and Nolan...
Cute little Jadyn enjoying the birthday treat...We had dirt cups for dessert since Lexi has been so obsessed with bugs/worms lately. (Chocolate pudding, gummy worms, and crushed up oreos)
Amanda, Janie, and Maddie came over to play with Lexi's new toys. I wish I would've gotten a picture of the girls. They live across the street and Lexi loves them. (They weren't able to make it to the park with us.)We didn't do a big cake this year. I kept asking Lexi what she wanted (hoping she wouldn't say Dora!) and all she wanted was pink pink pink... (She loves the book "Pinkalicious"...its about pink cupcakes turning a girl pink.) So we decided to do all pink cupcakes and Lexi got to help make them! 
Lexi thought it was so cool to blow out the candles, she wanted to do it again! What the heck, she's 2 now-she can blow out candles twice! (so of course we re-lit them and let her do it again!)

Opening presents this year was interesting...She doesn't need any help ripping off that wrapping paper! The problem we had was she liked the first present so much (a cookie monster book that made sounds) that she refused to open any more presents. She wanted to read her book! So we had to wait till later that night to open the rest the presents...
We can't believe how big our little girl has gotten! She is exploding with personality and is a horrible eater! She says the darndest things and is constantly making us laugh. Some of her favorite things to say are "I be right back, otay?" "I do it" and she likes to end everything with "RIGHT NOW!" (I apparently say this a lot). She talks non-stop all day long. She absolutely loves books, Dora, and playing with her toys. She is 30.4 lbs and is 37" tall. This puts her at 90th percentile for weight and is officially off the charts for height. Her BMI is 15%, so she is just one tall skinny little girl!

Lexi thought it was so cool to blow out the candles, she wanted to do it again! What the heck, she's 2 now-she can blow out candles twice! (so of course we re-lit them and let her do it again!)

Opening presents this year was interesting...She doesn't need any help ripping off that wrapping paper! The problem we had was she liked the first present so much (a cookie monster book that made sounds) that she refused to open any more presents. She wanted to read her book! So we had to wait till later that night to open the rest the presents...
We can't believe how big our little girl has gotten! She is exploding with personality and is a horrible eater! She says the darndest things and is constantly making us laugh. Some of her favorite things to say are "I be right back, otay?" "I do it" and she likes to end everything with "RIGHT NOW!" (I apparently say this a lot). She talks non-stop all day long. She absolutely loves books, Dora, and playing with her toys. She is 30.4 lbs and is 37" tall. This puts her at 90th percentile for weight and is officially off the charts for height. Her BMI is 15%, so she is just one tall skinny little girl!One last random picture...Lexi found the sleeping mask we had for the airplane and she put it on and said "ARGHHH, pirates!" (at the time, I didn't even know she knew what a pirate was) She's quite a character!
We love you Lexi! Stop growing up so fast!!!!
We love you Lexi! Stop growing up so fast!!!!



5 comments:
Holy cow has it been 2 years? She is darling and you are right- miss personality! Glad she had such a fun day!
Golly, I can't believe she is 2 already. I was just thinking back when we started teaching primary together and you were barely pregnant. she is so cute and it looks like you all had a great birthday! Happy Birthday, Lexi.
She is adorable! She and Sandy have a lot in common! We need to find a way to get them together soon, they would have a blast playing together!
Happy Birthday Lexie! Two is such a magical age. Not too surprised she is off the charts in heighth :)
I guess she has been playing with my boys, it wouldn't take her long to know all about pirates. Austin will teach her all about them. ARR
Post a Comment