Well I figured it was time to post again, since it's been a month since the last post and I know people are anxiously awaiting to see what has been happening out here in Ohio...
I think the most exciting thing that has happened in the last month is Lexie's hair is now long enough for pig tails!!! This is her first day in pig tails....
Lexie also got a new pair of snow boots, and wore them for the first few days EVERYWHERE. She would get mad if I tried to take them off...(Ignore the sad face, this is the only face we've seen her make all week...)
This is what I get when I tell her to look at the camera...
Lexie is finally starting to feel better (kind of)...We took Lexie
to the doctor last week because she had been sick for a few weeks and it turns out she had a double ear infection. We were lucky to have gone so long without one! She is 18 months old and this is the first ear infection...We have been on antibiotics since Thursday.
By the way, Lexie turned 18 months last week. She LOVES LOVES LOVES nursery. She actually started going a few weeks early because one Sunday I went to drop something off in the nursery room and she started playing with the toys and cried when I tried to take her away. Last Sunday I went to pick her up and asked her if she wanted to go home and she told me no. I asked her if she wanted to stay in Nursery and she nodded yes and said "play." Lexie has started talking so much. It's funny how one day she woke up and all of a sudden started saying all sorts of new words, I have lost track of how many words she can say! One of my favorites is "please" because it sounds like "peeeeeaaaase". How do you say no to that? So cute! Lexie also is in love with Dora the Explorer. She will point to the TV and say "Dora"...you can't trick her and turn on the TV to something that isn't Dora. Thank goodness for DVR so we have Dora recorded and can turn it on whenever. She will also sing along to the Backpack song...(she says "Ba-Pa...Ba-Pa" and dances). She also just started saying "I poop." Although she doesn't know the difference between toots and poops so she comes up to me a lot during the day to tell me "I poop". She is so grown up!
Flat Stanley came to visit us last week. Flat Stanley was made by a 2nd grader and has traveled all over the US, including Hawaii! Unfortunately, since it is winter and Lexie has been sick, we didn't have too much planned for Flat Stanley. Here is Lexie trying to pick off the sticker she gave to Flat Stanley....Her Aunt Kelsie sent her some fun stickers, and Lexie loves them! She has been sharing them with Nolan all morning. I love watching Nolan pick them off his shirt and try to put it down but it's stuck to his hand so he can't figure out how to get it off his hand! It's really funny!
Baby Showers Galore!!! There are so many babies being born! Here are the invitations we made for a shower this Saturday ...The invite is made from a brown paper sack... (I am also making this for card club this week so here's a sneak peek for any card club members!)


Lexie also got a new pair of snow boots, and wore them for the first few days EVERYWHERE. She would get mad if I tried to take them off...(Ignore the sad face, this is the only face we've seen her make all week...)to the doctor last week because she had been sick for a few weeks and it turns out she had a double ear infection. We were lucky to have gone so long without one! She is 18 months old and this is the first ear infection...We have been on antibiotics since Thursday.
Flat Stanley came to visit us last week. Flat Stanley was made by a 2nd grader and has traveled all over the US, including Hawaii! Unfortunately, since it is winter and Lexie has been sick, we didn't have too much planned for Flat Stanley. Here is Lexie trying to pick off the sticker she gave to Flat Stanley....Her Aunt Kelsie sent her some fun stickers, and Lexie loves them! She has been sharing them with Nolan all morning. I love watching Nolan pick them off his shirt and try to put it down but it's stuck to his hand so he can't figure out how to get it off his hand! It's really funny!

Baby Showers Galore!!! There are so many babies being born! Here are the invitations we made for a shower this Saturday ...The invite is made from a brown paper sack... (I am also making this for card club this week so here's a sneak peek for any card club members!)
We had a shower for a baby girl a few weeks ago! Here is the banner I made...I love the name they picked out!
Here is the baby shower invite I made for this shower....

I also made some cookie pops for decoration/take home favors. I never realized how hard it was to decorate sugar cookies! And the frosting kind of got smashed in the bags, but other than that they turned out okay!


Here is the baby shower invite I made for this shower....

James and I are going to the "Mandiball" (dental school dance) next Friday, so that should be really fun. We are also going on a cruise next month and are really excited about that! We just started a baby swapping group so Lexie will have play dates every Friday with Whitney, Jaden, and Amelia. We will watch all the girls one Friday a month and then we will have 3 Friday nights a month all to ourselves!!! And we can't forget...American Idol and Lost are now on!!! We are stoked about this final season of Lost...hopefully we wont be disappointed!!!



5 comments:
Thanks for the update! You are so creative and talented with crafts! I hope I can learn how to do what you do someday. And Lexie is growing so fast! Good to hear from you :-)
lexi really has grown up!! i love her pigtails! your shower invites are adorable...you have been a busy girl! sounds like we'll be seein' ya at the MANdiBaLL next week!
I love the pigtails!! I'm sorry Lexie had a double ear infection, that sounds miserable for both of you! Your baby shower stuff turned out so cute!
Yea no more 100th post!! :) She really is getting so big and has such a fun personality! Can't wait for the cruise either, wish it was here now!
Molly you really are too crafty and PS - I loved the name sign and cookie flowers that you made for my shower. You are such a dear ;)
Post a Comment