Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Introducing Berkley Elle Heaton

Berkley was born on February 9th, 2011 at 4:23 am. She weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 19.5 inches long. Here's our labor story:
We went to bed at around 11 and I started having contractions almost as soon as we laid down. My contractions were coming about every 5 minutes apart, so I counted them for 45 minutes and then we packed Lexi up and dropped her off at a friend's house. We got to the hospital a little bit before 1am and I was dilated to a 5. They checked us in and I got an epidural. At around 3a they checked me again and I was an 8. They called the midwife and when she got to the hospital I was dilated to 9 and 3/4. James had been sleeping in a chair in my room, so we woke him up and got everything ready to deliver. I pushed for about 5 minutes, and then to my surprise, a baby with a head full of hair appeared!
Lexi cannot get enough of her baby sister! She always wants to hold her, and will sit in the recliner and hold her until we take the baby away. She would sit there and hold her all day if we would let her! Berkley is great to let Lexi hold her for so long, and Lexi does a good job of making sure she has her binky if she cries. Daddy and Berkley...Aunt Rosie and Corbin came to visit and help out for a while. Lexi loves having Corbin around. They played in the bath tub for a little while tonight... Berkley had her first doctor's appointment yesterday, and everything is going well so far. She is almost back up to her birth weight. (She was 6 lbs 5 oz when we left the hospital.)

10 comments:

Deanna said...

Congratulations! I am so glad everything went so well and I'm so glad that Lexi loves Berkley. I hope your adjustment to two goes well!

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

Molly-she is breath taking. Looks like things are going well. Can't wait to meet the little doll

Bart & Krista said...

CONGRATS! She is beautiful and I can't wait to see her in person!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Congrats she is cute!

Nate and Kara Cooney said...

She is adorable! Congrats!

Unknown said...

very awesome!

Jessica Bair said...

I'm so happy for you guys and excited for Lexie to have a sibling. I think all kids should have brothers and sisters to grow up with. Lexie will be a little mother hen to Berkely just like Ava is to Joseph and Gretel. It's so much fun to watch them love and care for eachother. Congrats!!!

Harada's said...

Congrats, she is so precious!! I am glad everything went well.
Raquel told me she is just a tiny little cutie. =)

Megan said...

Congratulations! Both of your girls are beautiful!

LD said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful--enjoy life with two, it's wild!