Saturday, December 5, 2009

Owwiees...

Well we had an interesting Saturday night...Our planned night of watching football didn't exactly go as expected...Lil Miss Lexie put her hand on the stove and got 2nd degree burns on her left palm and fingers. We had to take her to the Urgent Care, where they put ointment and wrapped up her hand, and then they we have to go back in the morning for further evaluation, and we are also supposed to call Children's Hospital on Monday to set up a Surgery consult. They will let us know tomorrow what they think will need to be done, but I guess we will still have to meet with a surgeon because the doctor was concerned that she may get scarring that could affect her hand function...Anyway, it was hard to get a good picture, I want to get more when we take the bandages off tomorrow. A few volunteers came in and blew bubbles which really helped Lexie take her mind off things...It was sad though, she kept crying and all she would say was "bubbles...bubbles...bubbles"....She is doing a lot better now, she didn't cry at all on the way home and we fed her and put her to bed and she has been asleep now for about 3 hours. We will have to see how her night goes...She is supposed to be getting ibuprofen every 6 hours to help with any inflammation, and we are supposed to be watching to make sure she doesn't spike a fever or we will have to take her to the ER...Hopefully it will be a pretty uneventful night...

5 comments:

Megan said...

I'm so sorry! We'll pray for her and hope she feels better soon!

cheeks said...

oh ouch! poor little babe. hopefully she won't need any surgery....we'll say some prayers for her.

Rosie said...

Wow, I am sorry Molly. I hope Lexi starts feeling better and it heals fast.

Bart and Krista said...

Poor Lexie! That is no fun! Feel better soon!

Heather said...

I feel so bad for her. I hope everything goes well with the next doctor visits. good luck.