Thursday, December 10, 2009

We had our appointment with the burn surgeon yesterday (Wednesday). They think it will heal up fine, but we do have some therapy exercises we have to do every day to ensure her hand heals up normally. Lexie's biggest blister popped on Monday and they took off all the dead skin yesterday. She didn't even cry. She just sat there with her hand open and watched them do it. She's one tough cookie. We have to meet with them again next week to follow up on her progress.
This is her hand on Wednesday night:
Grandma Sherri sent her some Christmas finger puppets
and other toys that she has been playing with all day...

They are getting those fingers wigglying....
This is her hand tonight...A new blister is forming where the old one was.
If anyone knows if this is normal, let us know! I guess I will be calling
the Dr tomorrow to make sure it's okay!

On a different note, Lexie is now calling me "mommy". It's so cute...Mama and mom are cute but I just love it when she says mommy... She also started throwing fits that include "No! Mine! Mine! No! No!". Not so cute....

5 comments:

Parry Family said...

Ouch! I hope everything heals okay. Good luck with everything, that is just awful.

Megan said...

I hope it heals quickly! I can't wait to see her!

Rio said...

Oh poor Lexie! That is so sad. I hope she heals ok. Good thing she is tough though, I'm sure that helps!

Deanna said...

That looks like it hurts SO bad! What a trooper. And I hear you about the not so cute tantrums...

princess said...

Oh my gosh! That is the saddest thing! I am so sorry. As a mom the hardest thing ever is when your kids are hurt.