Friday, February 13, 2009

All About Lexie

I know all I ever post about is Lexie...So here is an update: Lexie has been pretty difficult to be around the last few weeks. She has been really fussy, not taking good naps, hardly smiling, and always wanting to be held (by me....James could be holding her and if I walk into the room, she cries for me to take her. It's really frustrating for all of us). She did have a cold for a few weeks which I think contributed to everything, but I think this also just happens when she goes through a developmental stage because it's normal for babies to go through this, but Lexie just takes it to the extreme. Luckily, the last few days have been so much better so I think she is finally getting over whatever she was going through. Of course not very many people believe me that she has been such a hard baby because she looks so sweet.
One day last week was particulary hard for me because a.) Lexie fell out of her bouncer while I was in the shower and hit the side of the tub. b.) that same morning I put her on the bed while I got dressed and she fell off of it. c.)Also that same day I accidentally cut Lexie's skin while I was clipping her nails and it was bleeding enough to need a bandaid. Who knew it would be so hard to put a bandaid on a 6 month old and have it stay on? First of all, it took quite some time for her to hold still long enough to get on her finger. Then after it was on, she discovered how much fun it was to suck on her bandaid-ed finger. And d.)I then put her on her changing table to get her dressed and while I was choosing what outfit to put on her, she started choking on something so I ran over, and she had sucked the bandaid off of her finger and started to choke on it! So then I got a new bandaid on, and taped over it with medical tape. (Which then lasted a whole 45 minutes! (See the picture below)

Lexie is really enjoying finger food, although I'm not sure how much of it makes it into her stomach. She is also getting good with a sippy cup. She loves apple juice and tropical punch Juicy Juice. (yes, that is food crusted on her eye. She actually got it all over her blanket and then rolled in it so the hair on the back of her head was crusted with food.)

The other day we figured out why Lexie has now fallen off the bed twice: There is something about the bed that makes her want to roll around on it. I don't know if it's easier than on the floor or what, but she definitely prefers to roll on the bed over rolling on the floor. Here is a video of her rolling around. This was taken a few days ago. She is even better at it now. It's amazing how one day they can't do something, and the next day they are pros!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh I'm so sorry she's been so difficult! I really do hope she grows out of it! She is adorable though, I can't wait to see her in person and YES PLEASE come visit us in DC! I know Parker misses James and we'd have fun too =)

Bart and Krista said...

She is going to be crawling before you know it! Wow! Watch out. Bring her over.. Whitney will just stare at Lexi. It would be great entertainment. Look at your girl go!

Deanna said...

Talk about a hard day! I think you are right about kiddos getting fussy when they go through a growth spurt - Chloe is like that. And it is way frustrating when they don't want Daddy. Although to be perfectly honest, I don't think Marlo minds!

Megan said...

I'm sorry it was such a rough day! I've cut Sandy when cutting her fingernails, too. I felt so bad! She's so cute and wow, she's good at rolling!

Tyler and Sunni said...

Molly, Lexie is such a doll. It's amazing how tough little kids are.

Jeff and Rach said...

Lol!! I'm sorry that I think it is so funny. You are going to look back on this and laugh...one day...far in the future. Hopefully she will grow out of this fussy phase soon. Maybe this means she will be a really well behaved toddler, or better yet a well behaved teenager. Good luck!