Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween, Party, Craft Night, Obama, and lots of Lexie

We had a lot of fun this Halloween...James' absolute favorite holiday! Raquel made us some delicious soup and we carved pumpkins at her house....
Raquel holding Lexie...
We got dressed up and went to a fun party at the Perry's Friday night. We were supposed to wear sports-themed costumes for the party so James was Michael Phelps, and Lexie and I were matching 80's aerobic instructors. (Her real costume was a pea pod)...Here are some pictures from that night:


Mike's costume was a hit! He even showed up with a frisbee! I guess he got the Perry's house mixed up with the quad! (That's what its called, right BYU fans?)
Lots of yummy food...although I felt bad for all pregnant girls there (Rachel, Kara, Sunni...did I forget anyone??) because the food was creatively labeled things such as "vomit dip" (cream cheese and chili mixed together with fritos to dip in it) "nightcrawlers" (chocolate pie with gummy worms), eerie eyeballs (creatively designed deviled eggs), and one of my favorites "severed fingers" (sugar cookie with red frosting and almonds) just to name a few!


Lexie wasn't quite sure what to think of her costume at first....


But she warmed up to it....
My little sweet pea!!

We are trying to start a craft group with some of the dental wives in our class. Last night was our first craft...We made pumpkin and firecracker decorations. It was a lot of fun! Thanks to Kevin and Amanda for all the hard work they put into getting all that wood ready, and thanks for letting us trash your house for the night!


Raquel, Sherri, and Krista working on their masterpieces..


The finished product...

It was soooo nice to get out of the house and have a break from Lexie for a few hours! Unfortunately, that comes with a price...she woke up before I got home and poor James had to deal with her crying for a while before I got home. And then, I guess to get back at me for leaving her, Lexie woke up about every hour and a half all night...I got up 5 times in less than 8 hours, and she was up for the day at 6:45 am. What a little stinker! It's a good thing she is so dang cute!




One more note...I am very disappointed in the outcome of thsi election. Especially in Ohio, why on earth did Obama win here? Didn't my vote count?!? I absentee voted, and I'm not confident that my vote got counted! Stupid, stupid people! I could say a lot more, but this post is long enough as it is....so thanks again, America, for electing Osama bin Laden... I mean, Obama bin Biden... I mean , Obama and Biden to be our next President and VP of the United States of America!

6 comments:

Raquel said...

Those were fun times! Your projects turned out so cute and I love Lexie's costumes!

LD said...

You are one crafty crafty girl. Molly, Where was the picture of you in your halloween costume??

I am in love with the quilts you made. Where did you get the pattern?? Please don't tell me you made it up!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

That is to bad lexie was mad at you for leaving! Hopefully james won't be to scared for you to leave for next month! I am wondering if my absentee ballot counted too? Stupid people voting for obama!

candice said...

I didn't know you were so opionated about the election! You didn't say that much that night. I didn't know she had on that costume that night either! YOu didn't post your good costume with her! She looks cute. I love the pea! THat is my only desire to have a baby in the fall for is to be able to dress them like that. too cute!

Bart and Krista said...

Your commentary on your blog is hilarious! Lexie is darling. I love the bows.

Brittany said...

Hey hun! Yup, Mandi is pregnant. You should call her sometime and ask her about it. Or feel free to call me (as I have lost your number) 507-469-9896. I miss you tons! I also wanted to let you know you have been tagged on my blog! Check it out!