Anyway, Lexi had a great birthday! I was kind of worried since we had just moved, and didn't have very many friends and I thought she would have a hard time not having her Ohio friends with her. But everything went great, 3 year olds are easy to please! :)
We met up with some friends from church for swimming, so Lexi got to open her swim presents when she first woke up. She got princess diving toys and goggles...She is a fish--She loves the water, and is doing really well at swimming. She dives under the water and can hold her breath for a really long time!
On the phone with Grandma...
Lexi in her new wagon filled with presents...
Opening presents...
A jump rope...I love that $1 toys can make her this happy!
Lexi loves to be able to play with her friend Lynlee again! Lynlee moved to AZ last year, and these girls hardly missed a beat connecting again! I filled a tub with sand and buried treasures for the girls to find..
Lexi's birthday cake. Fancy, I know. The lady at the store wrote Happy Birthday on the cake and then sprinkled the whole thing with edible glitter. Lexi still talks about her cake with "fairy dust." She keeps telling me we need to go to the store to get her cake for her next birthday, and reminds me she will be 4 on her next birthday. If only she knew how far away that is!

Forced smile....
But...this little girl LOVES to color. She got water colors for her birthday and loves them! She can sit at the counter with crayons and color for really long periods of time. She spends so much time on her pictures, and they are actually really quite good.
On the phone with Grandma...
Lexi in her new wagon filled with presents...
Opening presents...
A jump rope...I love that $1 toys can make her this happy!
Lexi's birthday cake. Fancy, I know. The lady at the store wrote Happy Birthday on the cake and then sprinkled the whole thing with edible glitter. Lexi still talks about her cake with "fairy dust." She keeps telling me we need to go to the store to get her cake for her next birthday, and reminds me she will be 4 on her next birthday. If only she knew how far away that is!

Lexi has had a hard time adjusting. She did fine with the move, she refers to everyone out here as her "new friends", and she loves the new friends she has made. But the first month was really hard...She cried over everything, always seemed to be in a bad mood, and was always getting in trouble...This basically sums it up...How dramatic!
I'm 3, just leave me alone!



3 comments:
I am glad you guys are doing good. The boys had a adjustment period also when we moved. Where did you guys end up? I know your in Arizona but I am not sure were. where is James working at now? I hope you guys are enjoying your new area. Keep us updated.
I'm so sad we missed talking to Lexi on her b-day! We miss you guys A LOT!!!! Really, we do!!
I think I can't look at your blog anymore it just makes me sad :( She is getting so big and her hair so long! Love the "fairy dust" cake!! :)
Post a Comment